October 1, 2008

Hayes Jackson Platt aka HALFTIME

hayes with lucifer

I've had this photo on my fridge for years.  It's one of my favorites. I think Hayes is probably about 4 years-old.  He's holding his first gray cat that he named Lucifer.  Every subsequent gray cat was also named Lucifer, just as all black cats are Jack Sparrow and most red dogied calves were named Charlie.  He named our one black calf Bednight Black Lover.  He meant "Midnight", but for the longest time he thought midnight was called bednight.  I thought it would go perfect with the following from Hayes:

At the beginning of the school year, I asked him to write three things in his journal about himself.  This is his response:

"I love my family.  I say my prayers.  And I like animals."

Simple, but so Hayes.

1 comment: