May 18, 2011

May 2011

As I sit here writing this, I can hear the rain dripping off our roof and onto the ground.  It causes me to reflect on the many blessings in my life.  The first one today being the rain that we are so desperately in need of.  I pray that it will continue until it quenches our parched earth.  Spence says the cows have been doing poorly.  We’ve had many die because there is no nutrition in the old feed.  We have started to feel desperate about our situation, and rain is the only answer.  With rain on the forecast today, we have been intently watching the skies to see if anything would develop.  By afternoon, all we had was a few sprinkles and a lot of wind.  But by evening and now night, the rains have come.  It’s been raining off and on for hours and hopefully it will continue in the night. 

I have many more blessings in my life.  The free country I live in (which I take for granted a lot of the time), enough food to eat, a roof over my head, vehicles to carry me around, and pretty much a comfortable life where all of my needs are met.  I have family around me, parents (on both sides) who love and support me, and our little core family that brings me so much joy.  Having a new baby in the family (not so new anymore!) has really made all of us (in the Spence Platt household) feel a lot of gratitude.  We are continually amazed by this strong little spirit  that has entered our home.  Because of Chase, we are also in awe of the physical and mental development that goes on at such an early age.  The rest of us (those of us without disabilities) are so blessed to be able to walk, run, think, eat, and speak without hardly any effort.  Chase, with all of his struggles, is still such a blessing in my life.  (even though today I was cussing he and Ree for all of the poop they are producing! :) Having Chase has brought such perspective to my life.  It has made it easier to see  the true priorities in my life and discard the some of the “fluff”.  It has helped me to “stop and smell the roses” simply because we aren’t able to keep up a very fast paced lifestyle with him around.  It was a very hard decision for us to have another child after Chase.  It seemed like we were barely able to keep our heads above water caring for this little boy.  But wouldn’t you know, of all of us, Chase enjoys Ree the most.  He is constantly in stitches over some funny thing she is doing.  I’m sure she will be keeping him entertained for many years to come. 

I am in no way a perfect anything…mother, daughter, wife, citizen, church member, child of God; but I am thankful for the opportunity to continue trying to improve my life in a way that will show our Father in heaven that I am truly grateful for this life I have been given. 

My top four things I’m grateful for:

05 12 11_1981

05 15 11_1966

05 08 11_2007

 

05 07 11_2012I didn’t want to post his last picture because of the embarrassing cobwebs all over the front of our house (they ruined all the backgrounds of the pictures I took that day), but I guess that’s life isn’t it?!! (Most of the pictures taken around our house look a little bit redneck!) I guess we are!

2 comments:

Marcie Ashton said...

Thanks for sharing Kell-bell. We are pretty darn grateful for your family too!

Perkins Family said...

You are awesome! I am sure you are such a wonderful mom to those boy's and that 1 pretty girl! It seems like life deals us what we need to learn, at least I've felt that way with my challenges. I hope the rain continues....