September 11, 2009

Our First Egg

September 11th, 2009 we got our first egg from our chickens.  Hayes came in and asked me to close my eyes and hold out my hand.  One small, brown egg.  I took a picture of it in Chase's hand because I can't pry it from his vice grip.  Guaranteed it will be broken within the hour...hopefully just not on the carpet.  I was going to try to tie the egg and new life to some parallel with 9/11, but I didn't feel I could do it justice this morning...I've spent the last 2 hours cleaning the worst thing possible....if you know what I mean....out of the carpet in Chase's room... don't even ask!  But I did find a cool video the church put out for 9/11, so I'll post that instead.

09 10 09_6492

PS....Looks like we're going to fry up the new egg for the ultimate egg lover, Chase.  He's pretty excited

No comments: