August 18, 2009

First Day of School

After much debate (Spence wanted Hayes to be home schooled and I wanted to send him...sort of), Hayes went to the 4th grade.  He got Mrs. Ellsworth for his teacher, which we were excited about because she was an engineer and Hayes loves math, so we thought it would be a good combo.  For the first time in Hayes life, he's actually been concerned about his clothes and shoes and keeping them clean and nice for school.  He was worried about his shoes getting dirty at recess.  This is from the kid who would have rather just gone without clothes for a good portion of his life.  It makes me sad because I know he's growing up and I don't want him to. 

08 17 09_6261

Hayes still made sure he had time to play with the puppies before school.  I guess I still do have some of my little boy left...thank goodness...it's more than this mom's heart can take! :)

08 17 09_6256

Now for Chase.  This is Chase in his new school clothes...............after he made himself a swimming hole in the front yard.

Spence has been putting a sprinkling system and some new faucets in.  He hasn't buried it all yet, so Chase was able to "wiggle" the faucet enough to break the pipe and fill the hole up with water.  It was just the right size of hole for Chase to fit his whole body in up to his neck.  I wish I would have got a picture of him sitting in the hole, it looked pretty funny.

08 17 09_6270 08 17 09_6273

I turned on the hose (the one in back that's not broken) and by the time I got back around front, Chase was doing a great job of cleaning himself off. 

08 17 09_6277

He even figured out how to  wash the mud off the back of his pants when I asked him to.  Thank goodness for little victories.  Who  can stay mad at a face like that?!?

08 17 09_6280

I wish I would have taken a picture BEFORE swimming; he really did look cute!

8 comments:

JC and Jen Young said...

Chase makes me smile. I hope Hayes likes the 4th grade, I can't wait till nobody is home with me for a few hours!

ms said...

I think I say this on every post, but those are 2 HANDSOME boys. I cannot believe Hayes is in the 4th grade...when I think about me in the 4th grade, it makes him seem so much older!! He's a little adult, that LOVES animals. :)

PS. Mike asked me if we should buy one of your puppies! Haha. Apparently you guys aren't the only ones that love them and think they are adorable..

Marcie Ashton said...

I'm sure Hayes will LOVE 4th grade and all the action at the Middle School. They both look super for their first days. (Lauren will be cute this week-after that, I can't even promise that she will brush her hair or teeth if I'm not on top of it...)

Cortney said...

Adorable kiddos- how is it that both your boys have perfected that mischievous grin?! :)

Jaime said...

So handsome!!! Chase literally brings a smile to my face everytime I see him on your blog or around town. Love him!!

Amy said...

Ok, I still say we are soul sisters. I think we have a lot in common even though we haven't seen each in over a decade. Do you realize it has been that long? Way too long. You have a beautiful family, hopefully I will meet them some time. Your boys are so handsome.
I was showing my kids the pictures on your blog and when they saw your Queensland they said "What is Rina doing in that picture". We have a Queensland that looks exacltly like yours and we have bred Queenslands also. Those puppies are too cute.
Anyway, we are still waiting for baby #4 to arrive. I am one day past my due date, so hopefully any second I will start into labor. I am so done being pregnant.
Okay, we need to make firm plans to see each other. What happened to your trip this way in Sept? Is that still a go or not? We would travel however far to see you. You just let us know. Talk to you soon.

Jill Wright said...

Your boys are Good-Lookin! I love the muddy outfit photo. Just that you took the picture shows what kind of mom you are. Not too worried about the little disasters. :)

Anonymous said...

t's such a tickety-boo site. fanciful, quite fascinating!!!

-------

[url=http://oponymozgowe.pl]Opony[/url]
[url=http://pozycjonowanie.lagata.pl]Pozycjonowanie[/url]

[url=http://darmowykatalogstronwww.pl/k),zdrowie,i,uroda/opony,s,150/]opony[/url]