December 26, 2008

2008 2A Football Champs

At dinner before the concert, my tooth began to have shooting pain when I ate either cold or hot foods, but it would subside within 10 minutes or so, so I just tried to ignore it, but it continued to get worse.  On the ride home it was really hurting and after dinner at the Platt's, I was ready to cry.  (I did actually cry once when Chase bumped my jaw with his head causing my teeth to forcefully clamp together :()Spence called Dr. Platt for me and got me a prescription for antibiotics and pain killers so that I could make it until Monday to get it fixed.  I picked up the prescription on my way to my parent's house for our "day after Thanksgiving" Thanksgiving dinner.  Half way through the meal I was having trouble keeping my eyes open.  Everything was getting foggy and I was really dizzy.  Can you tell I don't do well with painkillers?  My family made fun of me the rest of the day while I slept on the floor by the heater...they thought I was so out of it I couldn't hear them, but I was only just out of it enough to not care that they were teasing me.

The next day was the 2A state football championship in Flagstaff.  I really wanted to go because I hadn't been to any of Cade's games all year (bad aunt). But when the Vicodin caused me to oversleep my parents (who always leave early) left me, not wanting to put any pressure on me to go since I wasn't feeling well.  But I was bound and determined to go, so I figured I would be OK driving if I didn't take any Vicodin that morning and then if  I was in horrible pain by the time I got there, I could take one and someone could drive my car home.  So Chase and I loaded up and headed to our old stomping grounds: NAU. 

Papa Bruce with the grandkiddos: Chase and Lauren

11 30 08_3204

Matt and his wife Gina came down from Page for the game.

11 30 08_3207_edited-1

Cade is number six.  He had a 'turf toe" which I hear is a very painful injury, but it didn't slow him down.  St. Johns won the game for the state championship for the second year in a row. 

11 30 08_3205

We posed for a pic by the lumberjack on the way out.  Grandma Terry, Chase and Lauren.

11 30 08_3214

We went to eat at Busters afterwards and my mom drove Chase and I home in my car....just in case! (I was feeling much better though)

2 comments:

Missy said...

glad you made it there and back! what a fun game!

Jaime said...

I'm still kicking myself for not making it to the game!